Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THE LAST SONG MOVIE REVIEW

So finally went and saw The Last Song and strangely enough, I enjoyed it. For some reason I thought that it would be a cute and fluffy romance but I was totally wrong. Who was I to make such a quick judgment when I haven't even read the book yet. I must admit the acting was umm kind of embarrassing but I think it was the storyline I enjoyed.

Just like Taylor Swift copped bad reviews for her appearance in Valentine's Day, Miley Cyrus has also been receiving bad reviews with critics saying she should 'stick to her music'. Lou Lumenick from the New York Post said, "
Cyrus pouts her way through a fire, a wedding and a funeral." Even though this was Miley's first major acting role and I think she did an okay job, I do agree her facial expressions were rather, lets say annoying.

The Last Song is about how Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) spends the summer with her estranged father where they eventually reconnect with each other through music. Ronnie also falls for local boy Will (Liam Hemsworth) who I must add, is a total hottie! They are so cute together and its even more cute that they are together in real life.

Jonah (Ronnies little brother) was absolutely hilarious and said the funniest one liners. He was definitely my favourite character.

The movie was romantic, funny and somewhat sad and other than Miley's sour pout I must say The Last Song was totally sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment