Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CAPRICORN

"CAPRICORN December 23 - January 20 This is an excellent time to begin new projects, especially those that involve dynamic activity or some risk. You will feel full of vitality and vigor to confront life. You won't enjoy sitting down too much or spending time in one room for a prolonged period and will resist maintaining a daily routine."

This is my horoscope for this month extracted from Cleo Magazine. Sometimes I completely flick past the horoscopes section as I think they are a waste of time and should never be taken too seriously. But for once, I completely agree with this months horoscope. I feel as though I have so much to do. There are so many things that I want to start doing but squeezing them all in to my hectic schedule is kind of the big issue.

1) I really want to do well in uni this semester so I need to study study study! Last year I barely studied at all. It still amazes me how I managed to get decent grades. I am going to need to dedicate at least 1-2 hours per day to studying/revising.

2) I have recently started a new job at my local supermarket. I initially thought I was going to get approximately 15 hours a week of work. How could I have been so wrong! For the last three weeks I have been rostered on to work from between 20 and 30 hours per week. This week I was meant to work 6 shifts with them all finishing at 9pm. I had to ask to cancel 2 of them because there was no way I could work that much and stay on top of my study. I am going to ask if I can only work about 15 hours a week in the future. I am also trying to organise some industry work experience at a local newspaper and/or radio station.

3) I want to get fit. I am so out of shape it is disgusting. I eat so much junk food and barely ever exercise. I made a promise to myself that in 2010 I would start going to the gym. There is a brand new fitness centre opposite my university so I want to become a member and go at least 3 times a week. I also purchased the Latin dance DVD program Zumba. It is a great way to keep fit so I want to try and do a Zumba workout at least twice a week.

4) In my previous post I mentioned how me and my boyfriend Damien want to buy a house. Saving for a home loan deposit is really my main goal for the year. Today I made Damien join the Commonwealth Bank. The lady told us that we would need to save a deposit of 5% to be considered for a home loan. A $200,000 loan would therefore require us to save $10,000. My goal is to continue saving $135 a week, but since I have started my new job I aim to save at least $200 per week.

The above four things are the main things I want to focus on in my life right now. I hope that I can remain organised as I realise I have a lot on my plate right now, especially with university. For once I actually have faith in this months horoscope as do feel full of vitality and optimism and am confident that I can achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment