Friday, March 5, 2010

VALENTINES DAY MOVIE

So my Boyfriend Damien and I FINALLY went and saw Valentine's Day. Ideally I would have liked to go on Valentines Day, but instead we went last week with my friend Elise and her boyfriend Jimmy when it wasn't as busy. The movie centres around the lives of ten different people living in Los Angeles and how they celebrate and cope with the expectations and pressures of Valentines Day. There have been many mixed reviews about the movie Valentines Day, with critics slamming it as being a totally cliche rom-com that has been jam packed with stars. Rottentomatoes.com gives it a 4.1/10 but I believe it deserves much more than that. Yes it was cheesy, a little predictable and jam packed with an all star cast, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The highlight characters were Julia (Jennifer Garner). Reed Bennett (Ashton Kutcher), Edison (Bryce Robinson) and of course Felicia (Taylor Swift). Taylor Swift has been recieving terrible reviews for her big screen acting debut . It has been said that she was too over-the-top, too excited and lacked focus. I don't know how this can be said, considering the role of Felicia was to be a young teenager totally head over heels in love. This was Taylor's first major acting role and I think she should be commended on her efforts. As we walked out of the cinema even my friends boyfriend said "Taylor Swift was hilarious, she has definitely gone up in my books". Overall I think it was a great feel-good comedy and complimented with a jumbo popcorn it made for a great night out. Go see it now if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment