Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I LOVE SKINS

I have a new addiction. Skins. It is quite definitely one of my favourite television shows ever.

Skins is a British TV drama that follows the lives of a group of teenagers through the two years of sixth form. Every two series the entire cast is replaced as the characters leave sixth form. I am quite disappointed about this as there are some characters in the first two series that I absolutely love. I have just finished the first two seasons and they were amazing. I brought season three of Ebay last week and am hoping it will arrive tomorrow. Although I will have to say goodbye to my favourite characters Chris and Cassie I am excited to see the introduction of the new characters. The following is a list of the Skins cast from the first two seasons.

Tony Stonem: Tony is one of the main characters. He is attractive, extremely popular and somewhat troublesome. He is often at the centre of the drama within the T.V show but often his manipulative and cunning ways go unnoticed. At the end of season one something major happens to Tony that shapes his character entirely in the second season.

Sid Jenkins: Sid is Tony's best friend and in season two also is in love with Tony's girlfriend. Sid is the dorky sidekick who is often hidden in the shadows of Tony's limelight. He is not very good at schoolwork and struggles to maintain relationships but he is adorable. I love Sid.

Michelle Richardson: Michelle is Tony's girlfriend and she is also attractive and popular. I like Michelle but it annoys me that she takes Tony back after he cheats on her.

Cassie Ainsworth: Cassie is by far my favourite character. She is simply amazing and her character is so interesting and unpredictable. She is 'spacey' and sometimes a little crazy. She is continually saying and doing random things and I love all of the outfits she wears. Cassie acts happy and positive to mask her emotional and mental struggles with her eating disorder. Her trademark saying "wow!"

Jal Fazer: Most of the story lines surrounding Jal are to do with her passion and talents for playing the clarinet. She is an extremely talented musician and so is her father and brother. I like Jal's character, she is mature and responsible. In the second season she is faced with the death of her boyfriend and the possibility of being a mother.

Chris Miles: Chris is hilarious hence the reason he is one of my favourite characters. He is so funny and is the party animal of the group. He is forced to live on his own after both of his parents have left him and his brother passes away. He collects medicinal boxes and likes goldfish. He also has a major crush on his Psychology teacher Angie.

Maxxie Oliver: Maxxie openly embraces his sexuality and isn't afraid to admit that he is gay. He loves to dance and is a really good artist. He is a well liked character and is Anwar's best friend.

Anwar Kharral: Anwar prays five times a day although he is not very devoted to his religion as he regularly takes drugs and takes part in pre-marital sex. Maxxie is Anwar's best friend and often homosexuality is an issue for Anwar and his family to accept.
Photobucket
I love Skins. Although the storylines and plot may seem controversial Skins explores many issues such as substance abuse, dysfunctional families, eating disorders, disabilities, pregnancy, religion, sexuality and death.
Skins is fantastic and if you haven't seen it yet, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment