Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MEDIA JUNKIE?

I think I can self diagnose myself as a media junkie. My consumption of media definitely exceeds the recommended daily dosage.I am obsessed with reading books, watching dvds and television series. I am in the middle of so many books and TV series its become a little overwhelming.

TV SHOWS ON DVD
Heroes:
I have just finished watching the 3rd season and am now waiting to watch the 4th season. I loved season 1 & 2 but found season 3 to be quite a disappointment. Hopefully season 4 wins my heart back.
LOST: I am in the middle of watching season 2. There are like five seasons so I have at least another three seasons to watch.
Gossip Girl: I watched season 2 online and am now impatiently awaiting the third season to come out on DVD as I have missed watching it on Austar.
True Blood: I have only watched the 1st season as I am yet to find season 2 in stores.
Skins: Omg my new favourite TV show is Skins! It is so good. I own the first series on DVD and started watching it again yesterday. Damo has even fallen in love with it. They are screening the 4th season on Austar next Monday but we are yet to watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons. I'm gonna borrow them from my friend and hopefully watch them over the weekend.

BOOKS
Handle With Care: I am about halfway through reading Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. It is a really sad book about a young girl with a fragile bone disease, Osteogenesis Imperfecta. I really want to finish reading it but have never found the time.
The Hunger Games: My friend Elise recommended that I read this book by Suzanne Collins. I am only about a 1/4 of the way through it. So far so good!
Eclipse: I am re-reading the Twilight Series and am currently up to Eclipse. I am really looking forward for the movie to come out in cinemas in June.
Wicked Whispers: I am pretty sure this is the only non-academic book available for loan at my university library. It stumbled across it in the journalism section. It is written by Jessica Callan, who was an original member of the famous 3am gossip column. It bares all on the journalism industry and gives a great insight on what it was really like to write for a tabloid gossip column. I am only a few chapters away from finishing it. Truth be told, I don't want it to end.

I am also patiently awaiting for Packed to the Rafters, Masterchef and Australia's Next Top Model to return to TV. I also really want to buy this months editions of Cleo and Frankie. When I talk about it like this I really can't believe how much media and entertainment I consume. I am addicted. Really there is nothing better than watching a good television show or snuggling up on the couch with a good book to read. And even better I love talking to my friends and discussing what we think about certain characters and story lines.

What are your favourite TV shows, movies or books?

No comments:

Post a Comment