Monday, March 29, 2010

I'LL TASTE THE SKY AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN

Whenever I am sad I listen to Owl City. I don't exactly know why but for some reason all of their songs make me so happy. I can be having the worst of days and as soon as an Owl City song plays on my iPod in my car I am overwhelmed with excitement.Hello Seattle and The Saltwater room are probably my most favourite of their songs (I did really like Fireflies until it was played 1000 times a day on the radio).
All of the lyrics to all Owl City songs are so random and weird, but I think that is why I love them. Because in this weird jumbled way, they all make sense to me. I swear, Adam Young is a genius.

These are my favourite lyrics from some of my favourite Owl City songs.

The Bird and The Worm
You and I left our troubles far behind, troubles far behind
But I still have just one more question on my mind
For all my pals who live in the oceans and the seas
With friends like these well, who needs enemies

If My Heart Was A House
It makes me smile because you said it best
I would clearly feel blessed if the sun rose up from the west
Flower balm perfume, all my clothes smell like you
Cause your favorite shade is navy blue
I walk slowly when I'm on my own
Yeah, but frankly I still feel alone
So I may as well ditch my dismay
Bombs away, bombs away

Captains and Cruise Ships
Old captains and brand new cruise ships
Sailing over the brimy sea
When I crash my beloved desk job
And swim through the debris
I'll cut loose leave this mad house all for the atlantic blue
I'll stroll down your treelined driveway, and sail the ocean with you

The Saltwater Room
All the subways around create a great sound
To my motion fatigue, farewell with your ear to a seashell
You can hear the waves in underwater caves
As if you actually were inside a saltwater room
Time together isn't ever quite enough
When you and I are alone, I've never felt so at home
What will it take to make or break this hint of love?
Only time, only time

The Tip Of The Iceberg
I'll travel the sub-zero tundra
I'll break glaciers and frozen lakes
And that's just the tip of the iceberg
I'll do whatever it takes to change
Farewell powdery paradise
We'd rather skate on the thinnest ice
Fingers failed us before they froze
Frostbite bit down on all our

Hello Seattle
Hello Seattle, I am the crescent moon
Shining down on your face
I will disguise myself as a sleeping pill
And descend inside of you
Hello Seattle, I am a cold seahorse
Feeling warm in your sand
I sing about the tide and the ocean surf
Rolling in the evening breeze

Photobucket
Thank you Adam Young, for making me smile every single day.

What is your favourite Owl City song? And if you don't know of Owl City, please buy their Ocean Eyes CD. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. omg. i love owl city!
    my favourite song atm is either dental care or vanilla twilight. so awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla Twilight is a beautiful song.
    Owl City is just amazing. :) :)
    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete